Monday, April 2, 2007

Extreme Knitting





My mom is very crafty. She can make things. She sews, she cooks, she quilts. She knits. I thought I could learn to knit while I'm visiting, you know, while Chance naps, and in the evenings. I'm starting to have my doubts. We started yesterday afternoon, with regular knitting needles. My fingers proved to be too clumsy with those, so I was demoted to afghan needles. Last night Mom and I just about peed ourselves while I wrestled with my stitches. I nearly gouged out my eyeballs with the needles. 20 minutes and 15 sloppy stitches later, I dropped the knitting needles and they all slipped off. Dammit.


Meanwhile, we have introduced Chance to applesauce. He didn't care much for the home-made variety but found the store-bought kind quite palatable after a few tries, especially when mixed with bananas.

No comments: