Sunday, October 29, 2006

Halloween Party




The pedicure yesterday was definitely different than any other pedicures I've had EVER! It wasn't as relaxing as I thought it was going to be, it was more like a dentists appointment! My feet feel healthy! When the reflexology part came I thought I was going to jump out of my chair. The lady's name was Honna and she learned reflexology in Germany. I believe it! She used her thumbs to FIRMLY press into my legs just above my ankle bone and then slid up my calf about 4". It hurt like CRAZY especially when she did it after first rubbing an exfoliating scub on which felt like sandpaper! The entire time she was either pinching between my thumb and forefinger or encouraging me to do so and saying "Breathe, breathe! Don't hold your breath! Breathe from your belly! Focus!". Whenever she did this (she did it about 5 times for about a minute each time during the course of the pedicure), the baby would kick violently. I got several Braxton Hicks contractions right there in the chair, and a few more while out later that evening, but nothing serious...yet. I'm still hoping that it will kick in tomorrow too. Then Honna informed me that from the colour of the bottoms of my feet she can tell that my liver is stressed (probably from being squished by the baby) and that I'm "toxic" currently & she would recommend a "detoxifying diet" after I'm done breastfeeding. This seems unfair - no booze in 9 months and my liver is toxic??




Lynne watched as I gripped the arm rests of the chair and muttered expletives as Honna did her magic. Lynne says when she goes in for massages with Honna that she streams tears most of the time!




Cam picked me up at Lynne's house after the pedicure was done. We went to a potluck party but left fairly early because I felt wiped out. Got home & had a bath & went to bed. Have to remember to change our clocks because it's daylight savings time. We are supposed to go to the hospital at 8:00 PM to have the first part of the induction done - they will either keep me for 2 hours and send me home or things will get going then and I'll stay at the hospital, so will need to pack up the car again too.

No comments: