Thursday, October 26, 2006

3rd Ultrasound

Well, here we are, a week overdue and no baby in sight. I can't deny that I'm starting to get frustrated and especially with this cold I am feeling partincularly sorry for myself. Every bump and jostle the baby gives my sore tummy makes me want to groan and I think I am annoying Cameron. I'm certainly annoying myself.

Today I have the ultrasound to see if the baby is OK or not. I will be picking Cam up at a train station near the clinic and then we will go there together. This is the same clinic that I visited June 27 and I better not get the same technician who scanned me last time, he was a big jerk and claimed that all the discomfort I was getting from lying on my back was all in my head! He never even introduced himself to me, he just grunted "get on the bed and lift your shirt". Eventually he got up and left, maybe it was his lunch break or something, he never said goodbye and then another technician came in and was super nice - her name was Jen. She said it was OK to do the rest of the ultrasound while lying on my side, which eased up the dizzy-sick-hot feeling I'd been bearing through for the last hour!

This clinic has doctors who immediately review your results with you, which is a lot nicer than waiting for next week's doctor's appointment to hear the findings. In this case, there won't be another doctor's appointment after Friday anyways. Well, at least not while pregnant!

The good news from the clinic yesterday is that I don't have to drink a bunch of water first this time. So even if I do get the mean technician he won't be able to punch me in a full bladder again. Haha!

The baby guesses are coming in and it's a lot of fun to see! So far the range includes Oct. 26 (the Pawseys) to Oct. 30 (Gramma Jo), there's about an even split between boys and girls, and a range in expected weight from 6.6 lbs (thanks, Kristi!) to 10 whopping pounds (Nana, I hope the baby isn't THAT big!).

No comments: