Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Jaws

When I visited Regina in early May, Chance was 6 months old. He had two bottom teeth. While we waited for the luggage to arrive, we chatted with a woman with a 1 year old kid. That kid looked up at me from his stroller and grinned, showing off 8 perfect white teeth. I remember thinking to myself, "Wow, what a mouthful of chompers. I don't think Chance will have 8 teeth by the time he's a year old! And if he does, I won't be breastfeeding him!".

Guess what? This morning as Chance finished his breakfast, I noticed that he now has seven teeth and he's only ten months old and I'm still breastfeeding (2-3x per day only). And an eighth tooth is on the way! He has always had a white speck just to the left of his centre teeth. And that speck has grown and grown and grown and it's now quite prominent. Only a matter of time!

No comments: