Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ultrasound Jan 12 - 40 wks 5 days

Baby's heart (all 4 chambers) shown on right. Left hand side of ultrasound image is heartbeat measured at 141 beats per minute.


We had a post-dates ultrasound at the Maternal Fetal Monitoring at Foothills Hospital. The estimated fetal weight is a lot more than I was thinking, just goes to show how fortunate I am to have this anterior placenta, cushioning me from every blow. The head size is small though (back of head to forehead), scoring low on percentiles (I think they said P25). Tummy circumference was P65 so he or she is a little chubby, as well as quite long, P75. So our baby is shaped like a football.

Amniotic fluid level was normal and so they approved to continue my trial of labour, even with the extended due date. So my adjusted point in pregnancy is 40 weeks and 5 days today. I'll probably have to have another ultrasound in about 4 days unless I go into labour.

Everything else was normal, baby was doing some practice breathing & they were very happy to see that. Baby got a score of 8 out of 8.

Other than the size estimate (which I know is an estimate, and usually a little on the high side - and really it's just me that's concerned about the size, for obvious reasons!!), we are thrilled with the good news that everything looks healthy.

No comments: