Friday, January 25, 2008

Stomach Bug??

I got a phone call from our babysitter today around 1 PM. Mrs. G said that Chance had gotten sick but was sleeping now and that as he was the only kid there today he could stay until he woke up. We thought the little guy wasn't feeling so good this AM as he woke up with a few dry heaves but seemed to get over it, no fever, and ate his breakfast all up. Anyways, Mrs. G said that he puked so much at lunch time that she had to wash his clothes twice. Must have been quite the mess. :(

Anyways, she said that Chance would likely sleep until 3, so we agreed that I would pick him up then, but if he woke up earlier that she could phone me and I'd come pick him up immediately. I got there slightly late as I needed to stop at the bank machine to get money to pay her (usually we write a cheque but this time I forgot my cheque book, duh).

It worked out alright though, because Chance didn't wake up until 3:15. He looked a bit flushed in the face but was in a good mood. I took him home and gave him water and a cracker and waited. Nothing came up, so we made a quick stop at the grocery store and I bought Pedialyte, Jello, apple juice and graham crackers, just in case this keeps up and he needs a "lite" diet for a few days.

When we got back home I gave him some of the juice and a few banana slices, which he ate, but not with the gusto he usually has. Supper was the same, he ate all the veggies out of the soup I gave him and 1/2 a piece of toast, but wasn't really interested in anything else, other a few spoonfuls of jello. He was pretty tired so I put him to bed a bit early, but set up his room "just in case" - bucket on the floor, handy for if he needs to puke again, glass of water, wet washcloth in a plastic baggie, tylenol, etc. Cam is gone tonight at a bachelor's party, so if I'm in for a rough night I want to be prepared.

I'll be spending my evening catching up on some work. Next week my partner and I will kick off a big project, so I would like to put together an initial copy of our presentation.

No comments: