Sunday, January 13, 2008

Packing on weight now...


























Chance has been putting on some weight lately, and indeed he is eating more than ever. He is really into "novelty" dinnerware - a cup with a lid and a straw, so he can decide for himself when he is thirsty...his own shiny metal "real" fork, etc. Last night, after he had started to play with his food a bit, I fed him with chopsticks. Well, that was a different story! He cleaned up his plate and then had room for 1/2 a banana and a piece of fresh cinnamon bun (was baking yesterday).
Mommy, on the other hand, has lost a little weight, a good thing after the Christmas season. I am looking forward to some of my favorite exercise classes to start up again next week - spinning, tai bo (it's at the YMCA, so they call it Y Bo instead), and I intend to start up weightlifting again, something I stopped doing when I became pregnant with Chance and never really got back into again while I was on maternity leave.
Today we are going to do a little bit of shopping in the morning. I want to get some curtains at Sears and also buy a couple of T-shirts as my old faves are really getting worn. Lots of stains and even a few holes, I'm ashamed to admit! Also might browse for a new pair of glasses, but probably won't have the time to select a pair.
I nearly forgot! This morning Cam got up with Chance at 6:30 while I lazed in bed for another 30 mins, nice. Apparently, the little stinker has learned how to say "BALL", but I haven't heard him say it yet. On Friday he showed Lynne and I that he can blow kisses (sometimes he forgets the blow part though).

No comments: