Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Back to the grind...

Wheeeew just got home from a shopping trip at Zellers (glamorous, I know!), and Cam was trying to comfort Chance with limited success. Chance was very upset, lots of howling. Who knows, maybe more teething pains? Another possibility is that he is upset over having to go back to the day home. I rocked him in the rocking chair for a little while until his head got heavy on my chest and then I put him down in his crib before he fell asleep. Another minute of complaining but soon all we could hear was the music playing from his aquarium.

Today he cried when we dropped him off at Mrs. G's house and was VERY happy to see me when I picked him up in the evening, he bolted out of the chair he was sitting in and gave me a big hug. Halfway to the car I remembered that his diaper bag was still in the house, so turned back and when we got inside he started to cry, I guess he thought he was going to have to stay there a little longer or something. When Cam took his shirt off for a bath this evening he started to cry HARD, at first I thought maybe he got hurt or something or teething pain, so gave him a dose of Tylenol and teething tablets, even a soother while he was in the tub, but nothing calmed him down until I got into the bathroom with a fluffy towel and just held him for a bit. We put him to bed, and there was the usual bit of crank, then quiet, so off I went in search of a replacement change pad.

While I was at Zellers I decided to pick up some new gym clothes, today at lunch during my workout I noticed that my current pair of pants had a hole in them. It was about time, as they are more than 3 years old now! I bought a shirt and matching pant set, reasonable price, and a bonus, they came in a short inseam. The shirt fits better backwards for some reason. I don't think it matters. The gym class today was a good work out, step aerobics with weight intervals. I hurt my pride a little, though, as I turned left when I should have turned right and I slipped off the step and fell right on my butt. Awesome.

No comments: