Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Letter

Here is the letter to Mrs. G that Chance stuck in his diaper bag. I guess he felt that she should get caught up on some things that have happened over the Xmas break!

Dear Mrs. G,

Happy New Year! I am really looking forward to seeing you again! I hope your Christmas was nice and that Santa Claus was as generous with you as he was with me.

Over the Christmas break I managed to cut 2 more molars, so I am getting really good at chewing things. You will be glad to know that I did not have any diarrhea this time, although I did miss out on a bit of sleep and was a bit cranky sometimes, so my Mom and Dad gave me lots of Tylenol and teething tablets. They have included them in my backpack in case I am grumpy. The sure signs are flaming red cheeks and sometimes I pull on my ears.

Also over the Christmas break I have taken to using a proper fork just like the grown-ups use. Mom is still packing my red plastic fork, but if you loan me one of your regular forks, I might have better luck (the points are sharper). Or maybe my Mom should pack a fork from our house, what do you think?

I have some good news – I am starting to talk! I know how to say:

“LOOK” “LIGHT” “DOG” “DADDY”
“ALL DONE” (or “ALL GONE) and maybe “OUT”

Another thing that I have been doing these days is throwing temper tantrums. Sorry, it’s not very nice, but apparently it is important to my development to learn what “no” means. Sometimes I cry when I hear the word “no”, even if that what isn’t meant (for example, I heard my Mommy ask “Know what??” and I started to cry last week). Please try to put up with me during this phase, I am trying to learn!

Anyways, I just wanted to jot this down on paper tonight before I went to bed because I tend to forget things in the morning, everything is so rushed. I’m sure tomorrow will be a great day!

Love,

Chance

No comments: