Thursday, November 15, 2007

Pink Eye

Chance came down with an eye infection on Tuesday evening. We took him to the walk-in clinic but was told that it would be an hour wait at least. It was 7 PM. We decided to just go home and take him to the doctor, as by the time we saw the doctor it would be past his bed time and te best for him was rest. Cam took him to Dr. W the next morning, and then I returned home just before lunch time and Cam went to work in the afternoon. Chance is taking eye drops and penicillin that tastes like pineapples.

When Cam took Chance to see the doctor he produced a print-off of an email I had sent from work with some questions about Chance on it. The doctor's response was "Of course she would do this."

Cam said it sounded like the doctor regarded me as an equal but duly hated nemesis. So it's not all in my head.

I am staying home with Chance today, I sure hope he is feeling better. I'm not feeling all that great myself, so perhaps I've caught his eye infection. Yesterday after the first dose of medication his eyes looked much better, so I'm hoping that overnight he is fixed up even more. Upon waking up from his morning and afternoon naps, Chance was very upset, and nothing short of a soother and a warm lap to cuddle into would settle him.

He did, however, have several good hours during the day where he felt pretty normal, I think. Or so I gather, as some new tricks seem to have developed:

1) Food Goes On The Floor (performed immediately after sitting down in high chair).
2) K-I-T-T-Y spells "I'm gonna chase her and tackle her".
3) Bedtime? We don't need no stinkin' Bedtime!

We are hoping to travel to Meadow Lake this weekend but if Chance isn't feeling better it probably isn't a good idea. We'll see how things develop today. Just the same I'm packing suitcases. Better to prepare during the day and unpack than try to pack at 8 PM tonight.

No comments: