Friday, March 23, 2007

Mmmmm....'nanas!






Oh my. I think my little boy has turned into a monkey, he loves his bananas so much. He actually tries to hoist himself out of his highchair in anticipation. Cameron fed him for the first time tonight, and I think the boys both enjoyed themselves. Tonight was the first time that we fed him anything other than breastmilk before bed, and the difference is striking. Before, Chance was fussy at the boob and seemed frustrated with slow milk flow. Tonight he nursed quietly and contentedly for 15 minutes before I shuttled him into his crib, drowsy-drunk. I wonder if it will make any difference as to when he wakes up in the middle of the night.
Chance received a new toy for Easter from Great Granny Anne and Great Grandpa Gordon. It is a rainmaker tube, which has lots of little beads in it and when you flip it one way and the other, it sounds like rain. He loves to push it and then try to crawl after it.
You can see his technique in the photo where he is looking at one of Daddy's seismic sections - the bum goes waaaay up in the air, and then the legs straighten out and he scoots 6 inches ahead.
Sleeping in the playpen is going quite well. I had been concerned that it would feel different than his crib and he wouldn't want to sleep in there, and he'd have to sleep in my bed when I go visit my parents in Regina, and then he'd be spoiled when he came home, and then we'd be back to the 11 PM bedtimes, and then I would get no sleep. Well...it turns out, he doesn't mind sleeping in the playpen. All that worry for nothing. I never knew how much moms worried until I became one.

No comments: