Monday, March 19, 2007

Chance vs. Cat




Chance has really started to take notice of the cat. His face lights up at the sight of her and if he is on his tummy, his legs start kicking as fast as they go. Unfortunately, Chance has not yet figured out that in order to crawl, the legs must make contact with the floor. It looks like a car that is stuck in mud, with the wheels spinning but no movement otherwise! Scarlet usually plops down 2 feet away from him, and starts taking a bath. I think she is teasing him on purpose. When we are "walking" him, the kitty will come up and rub against him, he loves that.
This Friday and Saturday were so beautiful, I started thinking that spring (and summer) are coming soon. I realized that we don't have a hat for Chance so I went shopping on Saturday morning and found a little safari hat that says "MONKEY" on it.
Cam has taken up snapping photos on the fly these days, so there are now a few more pictures of baby and I, as opposed to pictures of baby and the cat, baby and Daddy, just baby, etc. Unfortunately Cam doesn't give much warning, so the photos aren't very flattering usually. My dad takes pictures the same way.

We are on the road to solid food, starting next weekend, we'll start rice cereal. Chance gets quite fussy when we eat in front of him, even if he's already had his milk. This morning he had a huge breakfast and wouldn't stop banging his toys on his highchair tray until he got a taste of my banana. I know, I know, cereal first, fruit last! 2 (little) spoons of banana aren't going to hurt anything.


Playpen sleeping also starts today. I was going to start on the weekend but I got lazy. I had the playpen in the living room and didn't want to collapse it and move it to Chance's room. He's in the playpen now, trying to go to sleep. He's been up for nearly 3 hours now, so he should be pretty tired!

No comments: