Saturday, March 3, 2007

A little cough...

On Friday morning as I was changing Chance's diaper, he coughed. He coughed 3 more times that morning before we went to visit the doctor again about my breast infection. I don't recall him ever coughing before, other than while nursing and sometimes he gets too much milk.

Since then he has been coughing occasionally, usually after I finish nursing him and lay him back in the crib, or in his sleep. He doesn't have a temperature or runny nose, nor does not seem out of sorts, other than he didn't want to take a nap this morning.

I have done some research and found that coughing sometimes goes with teething, as a product of all the extra drool, sort of a post-nasal drip thing. Any comments?

1 comment:

Grampa and Gramma Jo said...

Yes, symptoms like a cough (with no fever)and especially a runny nose, is common with teething. You used to get so stuffed up that you couldn't suck - kept coming up for air and it was hard for you to sleep at night. That's when I checked with the Dr. and he gave me some stuff (liquid) that helped with the congestion. Don't remember what it was called, but if Chance isn't sleeping you may want to ask your Dr. about it.