Sunday, February 4, 2007

Ferber Success

Day 7: Chance slept from 8 PM til 3 AM, when I woke him up for a middle-of-the-night feeding. This is something that some of my other mom-friends do with their kids, so I decided to give it a try. I set my alarm for 2:30 and listened - no movement from next door. I intended to get up right then, I just needed to find my other sock that I had kicked off, and the next thing I knew it was 3:10 AM. Anyways I picked up Sleeping Chance and snuggled him into my arms for a snack. After 20 minutes, I put him back in his crib. He fussed for 10 minutes. He did not cry. I wouldn't have heard him if I didn't have the baby monitor on. Then he slept until 7 AM. After being awake for an hour and 45 minutes, I fed him and put him to bed, so far he has been asleep for 35 minutes. I expect him to be up soon.

All of the extra sleep has been wonderful for all of us. Chance is smiling and LAUGHING more through the day and is happy to be put down for a nap after he's been awake for about an hour and a half to two hours.His feeding patterns are more regular, and he has a bigger appetite. All in all, I think we've had a lot of success.

No comments: