Wednesday, January 31, 2007

3 Months Old


Chance is 3 months old!


Day 4 of Ferberizing Chance: Chance went down for 3 short naps today plus slept in the carseat for 2 hours. It was too windy to take him out in the stroller, but needed to go to the bank to get a bank draft for the remaining balance on my leased car. On Thursday the car will be mine all mine.


When we got home he didn't wake up, so I made myself lunch. He still didn't wake up, so I unloaded the dishwasher 10 feet away from him. He didn't wake up. The cat sniffed him and meowed. He still didn't wake up. So I figured as it was too windy to go out, he could just take his long afternoon nap there.


He didn't cry more than 8 minutes for the naps. In fact one of them he was asleep within 2 minutes. He only stayed asleep for 35 minutes for his naps, that is something I will have to figure out, but at least he is going to sleep in his crib for his naps, by himself.


We put him to bed at 7:30 and by 7:50 he was asleep. He didn't wake up until 4:15 AM, then took a big feeding and fell asleep in my arms. Unfortunately when I put him in the crib he woke up, so he is currently crying. It is mostly a complaint right now, no real screams. Hopefully he will settle down, if not 6 AM is right around the corner and we will get our day started.


....Later...Chance went to sleep around 5:20 and slept until 6:35, then I nursed him again and he fell back asleep until 8:15 (I had to wake him up).We went for a walk today and it was gloomy and chilly out but calm. We were out for about 1 hour (we walked to the grocery store and bought milk). When we got home I left him in his toque and mitts and fleece coveralls and nursed him and then popped him into the carseat and we were off for the public health office for a weigh-in. As we were driving away from home a TUMBLEWEED blew past us! That is when I noticed that a gale force wind had sprung up! Luckliy I found a parking spot close to the door and put the blanket over Baby's head, but SHEESH, that's Calgary weather for you! When we left the house the wind was from the SW and 7 km/hr. Now it's 50 km/hr from the North! The weigh-in was not a required visit but as Chance is 3 months old today it will be good to have that point on his growth chart. Also I booked his follow-up shots for March 6.


Last night at supper Chance had 6 spoons of milk without spilling a drop.

No comments: