Sunday, February 25, 2007

Good Weekend






We had a really good weekend. On Saturday I met Lynne for coffee and we visited an estate sale. Some really nice things (bedroom set, armoir, etc.) but all were sold by the time we got there. Then we visited some of her local shops: a quilting place and a commercial kitchen, where we enquired about a girls' night - sounds like we will get that on the go in the next month or so. I returned home to find out that Chance had slept for an hour for his dad, pretty good! Cam and I took him for a walk and stopped to see the Shumays. Cam went to the Flames game that night, while I stayed home with Chance. Cam's mom and sister came over for tea. They had been wedding dress shopping all day so were dressed quite nicely however I was comfy in my sweats and old geology tee shirt. Tea was served, of course, on my good china along with a box of my mom's homemade truffles.


Sunday morning I got up before my raggamuffin did, so got breakfast in me and even read a section of the newspaper while the house was quiet. Scarlet curled up in front of the fireplace. Baby napped around 11, when he woke up we did a test-run in the high chair. Looks like he's happy there and hopefully will be more interested in what I'm doing in the kitchen now that he can see at counter-level. We went electronics shopping and bought a new television, sound system and a PVR system. Lillian and Maurice stopped by for a short visit with Chance before they were off to meet their new future in-laws for dinner. Chance, Cam and I played until it was bath time, and boy then the party started! After Baby was in bed, Cam and I had dinner: greek ribs and roasted potatoes along with a salad and a (small) glass of red wine. We have 45 minutes of a movie to finish, then will probably hit the sack.


I'm starting to feel better but still have an appointment tomorrow morning at the Calgary Breastfeeding Clinic.


We had a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Grampa and Gramma Jo said...

What a great weekend you had! Chance has grown SO MUCH!! He'll love his highchair (seat belt and all) and the new "game" that comes with it called "throw it on the floor and watch everybody pick it up so I can throw it again over, and over and over". LOL