Friday, September 29, 2006

Bye-Bye Shell (For 1 Year)

Today it's official: I'm done work! All in all, it was such a frazzled day. I had a doctor's appointment at 9 but there was an hour and a half backlog, so did not get to work until 11 AM. At 11:30, my co-workers took me out for a surprise lunch, which was very nice but unfortunately pushed my schedule even further behind! My car was parked in short-term parking, so I was constantly in and out of the office pumping change into the meter, while trying to pack my office, say goodbye to everyone, put my email on auto-reply, as well as finishing up some loose ends on some projects! I didn't get it all done, and when I got home tonight I laid down for a bit of a nap but couldn't sleep because my mind was abuzz with all the things I didn't do and who I would have to chat with in order to get the work complete!

Tomorrow Cam and I will take advantage of the nice weather and go have some pictures taken of just the 2 (3??) of us at Fish Creek Park. The fall colours are in full swing and should make for some nice photos. We had planned on going to Banff, however may not get that done this weekend. Evening plans include a football game with the boys for Cameron and a girl's night at Lynne's house with usual sappy movie for Dani. Sunday have been invited over to Corinne & Graham's house for dinner.

With only 20 days left before our due date, I can count down using my fingers & toes! I can't believe we are getting so close! Doctor's visit this morning yielded very little information, other than blood pressure was good, baby's heartbeat high (165 beats per minute), and that baby's head is still "quite high". Because of the huge backlog of patients, the doctor did not do an internal exam, but I don't think that there would be any changes as last week was pretty uneventful - very few Braxton-Hicks contractions. Maybe next week there will be some progress! Another interesting fact: I LOST a pound! Apparently this is normal, but it still feels strange to me as I KNOW I'm still getting bigger!

No comments: