Sunday, September 10, 2006

39 Days and Counting...

The baby has really been taking out his or her frustrations on my ribs! Ouch! My right ribs feel sore, tender and bruised! The baby hasn't been kicking as much over the last 2 days, so maybe found some sort of comfortable position, but my goodness it was a painful 3 days before that! Cameron likes to joke that the baby has piped down in some form of "agreement": less kicking, and he gets to stay for a few more weeks. At least that might be an indication that the feet are up and the head is down at this point - will get my doctor to check that on Tuesday.

Another random pregnancy grumble: my back is killing me on that same side as the sore ribs, I wonder if it is related to all the rib-kicking? I have a massage booked on Tuesday (actually, for the next 3 Tuesdays), at a clinic that specializes in pregnancy massage. It won't come a day too soon, I can tell you that!Slept late again this morning, got up around 9:30 AM (bedtime was 10:30 PM, and only woke up 3X, so got some pretty good sleep).

Cam went golfing early, so it was just me and the cat catching z's. Woke up and showered, and Cam came home just as I was finishing up breakfast.Cam and I figured out how to put up/take down the play pen this afternoon. Had intended on figuring out how the carseat goes in the car/truck, but did not get around to it.

The countdown to our due date is crazy! 39 days! And only 21 more days before I'm officially done work. 15 business days!

Cam wants me to pack my labour bag this week - the urgency is rooted in a dream he had a few nights ago. He dreamed that my water broke! Ever since then he has been suggesting that I should get my bag packed, "just in case". I know he feels strongly about it because now he's put a deadline to it - "get it done by the end of the week!" I know he is also getting concerned because I have been experiencing more and more Braxton-Hicks contractions, some are even quite painful with cramps in my lower belly. No other indications of labour though, so I am chalking it up to my body training to get this kid out of me unless my doctor tells me otherwise on Tuesday!

No comments: