Sunday, November 21, 2010

Karin's first Birthday Party

Tasty blocks.

Chris the birthday boy and Karin, still trying to figure out that block.


....happy birthday to you....happy birthday to you....



Awesome cake!

Big kids and moms got their choice of eggless vanilla cake or good old chocolate cake. Big brother Matthew (green shirt) did a great job helping his mom bake, decorate and make loot bags for the birthday guests.



Karin and Chris really enjoyed swishing the tissue paper around.




Karin attended her first birthday party this week, I think she had a great time. I know she was at Chance's birthday party but you know, being the birthday boy's sister, she had to be invited, haha. This party was more geared for babies as the birthday boy was turning one year old, I think the pared down version was more enjoyable for her. Chance was also invited and he also had a great time playing with the older brothers of the birthday boy and other guests.
As we were leaving, Chris & Matthew's mom jokingly sobbed "I can't believe this year went by so quickly!!" and I think that really got to me because later that night while doing the dishes, it was me in tears thinking about all that has happened this year. I am going to be a right rotten teary snotty emotional mess come January. Sniff, sniff.

3 comments:

Mouland Family said...

Sniff sniff, I hear you...it is an emotional time, that first birthday, looking back on the year and how they've grown and become little people. Just think of the wonderful job you've done and all the fun to come!

Noah and Emily said...

I know. I had a rough time leaving Noah to go back to work. Just enjoy them as I can't believe Noah turned 6! Time flies when you are having fun!

Grampa and Gramma Jo said...

Looking back on the "years"....I see how "she's" grown into such an amazing woman....sniff, sniff. It's no different at my age...or for my mother, who is now 87. That's motherhood.