Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Not bad, considering how long we've been parents...

So, for the first time ever, I washed a pamper today in the laundry. Except it wasn't just a pamper....it was a super high absorbancy 34 to 40 lb toddler size night time Pull Up. Stuffed into one leg of Lightning McQueen jammie pants. The thing was the size of an underinflated volleyball and weighed 3 lbs 5 oz (I'm sure this is not the application my mom had in mind when she gave me a food scale for my birthday). I was chatting on the phone with my friend Lynne, listening to her tell me about her newborn baby son, mechanically moving wet laundry into the dryer and the next thing that came out of my mouth was "oh frick!" as I hauled out an unusually hefty bundle of clothes oozing blue-tinged pamper goo. So on top of checking Chance's pockets for treasures before washing (kleenex, little cars, paperclips), I'll now have to make sure that his diapers END UP IN THE TRASH LIKE THEY BELONG.