Thursday, March 18, 2010

Condo Fire




A condominium complex in our neighbourhood caught on fire today around noon. Chance's dayhome is about 1 1/2 blocks from the blaze. He is safe, and apparently along with the other children, being entertained by the fire trucks, police cars, helicopters and news vans.

It is a strange feeling to have driven past these condos this morning with Karin, returning from our grocery trip. Half an hour later they were on fire. A neighbour working downtown heard about it and phoned me to let me know she had been in touch with our dayhome (her son goes there too) and that the kids were fine. I hadn't noticed anything, but as soon as I opened the windows the smell of smoke hit me and I could hear several helicopters hovering.

I really feel for the people who have lost their homes today.

2 comments:

Grampa and Gramma Jo said...

Good to hear that Chance was OK. We saw it on the supper news too. What a terrible thing to have happened to all those people.

Sander & Liesbeth said...

A colleague of mine lived in that complex. So sad for him.