Tuesday, May 15, 2007

First Mother's Day






Chance, Cameron and I flew to Regina and stayed with Dani's parents from the 9th (Chance and Mom) and 10th (Daddy) til the 14th. Cameron and I attended the 14th annual Ken Goff Memorial Boxing Classic, and while Cam volunteered with this event Dani and Chance took the opportunity to visit with Gramma Jo and Grampa Phil. Auntie Jen and Uncle Paul came from Moosomin for a visit on Saturday. On Sunday we visited Wascana Park and Chance fed the geese. He liked them and squealed loudly. We left on Monday morning, but nearly missed our flight because Cam accidentally kept Mom's garage door opener in his hand and he went to leave it at the information desk, but he had our boarding passes so Chance and I couldn't get on the plane! Whew! The weather in Regina was quite gorgeous, it was 27° on May 9th when Dani and Chance arrived. Lots of green!


On Mother's Day I received a very nice home-made card from my mom with the poem "Before I Was A Mom" in it - I've liked this poem ever since I read it when I was pregnant with Chance. My mom inserted photos of Chance where it was appropriate ("Before I was a mom, I had never been drooled on" - and then a picture of my shirt after holding Chance when he was teething). I bawled. I always bawl when I read that poem!


Cameron gave me a tiny tiny iPod called a "shuffle". It will replace my clunky MP3 player that reads CD's. The old girl put in lots of service, but the earphones are starting to crackle and there are parts being held together by electrical tape. I will get a lot of use out of that little iPod, with all the walking and biking I do.


Chance saved his pennies and bought me a box of Bernard Callebaut chocolates - something sweet for me to share with Daddy after suppers for the next few nights.


Being a mom has really been an amazing, sometimes bewildering and overwhelming, experience so far. I'm so glad I have my little boy here, safe and healthy. I'm so glad and thankful that he's happy and we're doing well together as a family. That has been the best gift of all.

No comments: