Monday, February 22, 2010

Fun Weekend


Karin received a trio of cute pink shirts on the weekend & we are loving dressing her up! She doesn't really seem to care what she wears though...she's just as happy in her brother's hand me downs! This weekend she put on the blue Cammo Dogs sleeper that was so notorious for blow outs with Chance (every time he wore this outfit his diaper would blow out, and curiously enough, lots and lots of blow outs later, this sleeper is not even stained!!). Well, the Cammo Dogs didn't let us down -- while she didn't manage to have a blow out while wearing them, she did poop all over her crib blanket while getting changed. Poor Bunnykins may never be the same again! We'll have to see if it comes out in the wash or not...


Speaking of poo...there's a new video on our Youtube channel - Chance's reaction to Karin doing a Number Two while he's holding her.

We had a great weekend. On Saturday we had visitors over for tea. Chance was an absolute angel - sat down to have tea with us, then disappeared and played all by himself happily when he got bored. While Karin napped, Chance and I made a quiche, while Cam did the dishes. So I guess that makes me the chef, Chance the sous-chef, and Cam the plongeur (garbage boy). In the afternoon we went out for a walk as a family and discovered a perfectly fine black cast iron portable fire pit that was sitting next to a dumpster (we have one but we knew someone who would want it!) Cam and Chance went back with the truck to pick it up. I know what you're thinking, when will the craziness ever end??

On Sunday we went out for groceries and did something I think we'll be doing for a long time. In the past we have usually gone out for groceries as a family on the weekend, usually around 10 AM (ie. when EVERYONE ELSE IN THE ENTIRE CITY goes for groceries). It usually takes about an hour and a half, but sometimes up to 2 hours, depending on how big the list is, parking, lineups, whether I can find what I want, temper tantrums, etc.) This time, though, I had an epiphany while watching a movie called The Hurt Locker. I had to stop the DVD I was so excited to tell Cam about this idea. At the end (I don't think this is a spoiler) - a guy is shopping and then bumps into a lady and says "I'm about done, what about you" and she says "just get some cereal and we'll meet you at the till". They're shopping TOGETHER, but with SEPARATE CARTS. Wow. Wow wow wow. So we tried it: one list for me and one list for Cam and guess what? We had left the house, gassed up the car, parked, shopped, packed everything back in the car, gotten everything into the house, with two kids in tow, in UNDER 1 HOUR. Now - we did get to the grocery store sooner than usual (9ish). But. I'm never going back to the dark ages. Ever.