Monday, December 14, 2009

Woohoo!





We took Chance to an indoor playground this weekend as it was mega cold outside and he had waaaay too much energy to contain in the house. Cam has taken him before but I had never been there, and wow, what a place. It cost $11 to get the whole family in and we were there for 2 hours. Chance ran his feet off, and Cam wasn't too far behind him.

The new baby has made a few attempts at a jail break but all just good strong Braxton Hicks contractions only so far. Usually lasts for about an hour to an hour and a half with contractions every 10 mins. Had them on Thursday 5-6 AM, and Sunday night ~9 PM to 10:30 PM. Doctor's visit this week will be interesting to see how much progress, if any, has been made. Last week my cervix was 0.5 cm dilated, which is way better than I did with Chance's pregnancy -- I was still completely closed up at 41 weeks pregnant! Even still I am doing a lot of the "natural" induction stuff these days. I'm even drinking that disgusting raspberry leaf tea again 1 x per day (I skipped today's though, oops). Some folks at work are getting together on Thursday for lunch as a sendoff and it is Indian food, so perhaps I'll get some really spicy stuff to bring on the contractions!!

Today at work the baby kicked me so hard that I doubled up. I had just walked into the elevator at the time and the guy getting off stopped and asked "are you OK???" -- he looked pretty panicked that I was going to go into labour or something. At the moment it feels like I've got 3 kittens play fighting inside of my abdomen, baby usually kicks up the heels at 2 PM and 10 PM most days. All in all though it is way more laid back than Chance ever was -- no bruised ribs so far (touch wood!)

No comments: