Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What's New?

Wow, I can't believe a whole week has gone by since I posted here last!

Chance came down with a little cold mid-last week, and that is mostly cleared up now except we still have the humidifier on at night for him. A little extra moisture is probably good anyways, as the average winter time humidity in Calgary is around 20-30% or so. My eczema always gets worse in the winter because of that reason.

Other than the cold, Chance has been doing very well. No sign of ear infection yet. I'm still waiting.

The printer has been running for about 15 minutes now at least, I'm finally printing out my tax forms, yes it's that time of year again. I just hope I can manage to find all my papers, as things have been a bit scattered this year. I know I am missing at least a couple of childcare receipts, not a big deal, more irritating than a real tax issue.

There were a few more words picked up over the weekend in this house:

Shovel
Yellow (lellow)
Yes. Yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes-yes!
Moo
Broom

Also, Chance displayed an understanding of what we are saying that just floored me. I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth and Chance came ripping in with a wild and crazy look on his face. I laughed at him and then noticed his socks were missing, so I asked, "Where's your socks, silly boy??". Chance did a 180° turn and ran out of the bathroom, only to return a few seconds later holding out both socks. My jaw just about hit the floor!

We watched a movie called Atonement over the weekend, it was a great movie. Perfect, actually for Cam and I -- romance for my movie tastes and history/war for Cam's. Thoroughly enjoyed it, until the very end, with the hero/heroine dancing in the surf and all of a sudden the music cut out and there was Cam, FAST-FORWARDING through the mushy stuff. I was not impressed!

Spent Sunday AM at the pool with Chance, he played catch with another little boy about his age for a few minutes. Also he finally decided to take the plunge (literally) and used the pool slide. I did 16 laps, but my knee started to give me grief so stopped, just went in and took a long warm shower with Chance in the locker room instead of our usual dip in the hot tub due to repairs. Sunday afternoon made 3 kinds of cookies: peanut butter (Cam's request), oatmeal-chocolate chip (my choice), and monkey cookies (guess who??). The monkey cookies are very soft, Chance loves them as a nice way of finishing his supper.

I can't take credit for the recipe, I remember reading about monkey cookies when I was researching how to make homemade baby food. Googled for it and found this version at http://www.goodegg.com/recipe/monkeycookie.html

Banana "Monkey" Cookies

2 1/4 cups all purplose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt1 cup sugar
2/3 cup butter (softened)
2 eggs, beaten
2 bananas, mashed (ripe)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Mix well. Add butter. Mix well again. Add remaining ingredients, mix again. Place a teaspoon sized balls of the dough on a cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 12 minutes. Makes approx. 3 doz cookies.

I'm looking forward to our annual May visit to Regina, only 4 weeks away now. We head down every year to attend the Ken Goff Memorial put on by Cam's old boxing club. This year my sister & brother in law will be joining us, so it will be a fun evening. Also we are working out a camping weekend in the summer, looking forward to that as well.



Well, Cam has just informed me that my bubble bath is ready. OK, he's not the best guy to watch mushy romance movies with...but he spoils me rotten, I guess I'll keep him for now.

In closing, here is a photo from a week ago or so...we had to wake Chance up from one of his naps otherwise he would have slept through supper time. I always love how he looks when he sleeps.


No comments: