Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Starting to feel better...

...but my nose is still running and I often have "popped" ears. Tomorrow I am home with Chance because Mrs. G is going to the dentist, so I might go visit the doctor.

So what will Chance and Mommy do on their Thursday together?? We don't have any plans, really. The weather has been nice so I will be sure to take him out for a pull on his toboggan out to the park. We did that a few times on the weekend and he really seemed to enjoy himself.

Cam's company weekend at Lake Louise is coming up this weekend. It should be fun, it is always so beautiful up there. We are looking forward to showing Chance the horses they have rigged up there to give sleigh rides. Hopefully the ice castle is built on the lake, that is always so pretty.

Tonight's supper went pretty slick. We soaked a cedar plank during the day in the kitchen sink and thawed a salmon filet in the fridge. 20 minutes on the BBQ and it was suppertime! The only thing was that there was a fair bit of snow on the deck, so I had to wear my snow boots to get to the BBQ. Chance thought it was hilarious that I was outside and he was inside. He stood banging on the patio door like a crazed monkey while I got the BBQ lit, etc. Then he had fun picking at the snow that came in on my boots.



My friend Lynne and her husband stopped in tonight to have a short visit. We were over at their house a few weeks ago and took this photo. Lynne brought me a birthday gift of several bottles of bath gel, soap, etc., all in lavender scent. There is something I find so calming about lavender, perfect for some of the hectic days a working Mom faces! I made a chocolate pudding in the oven, so we all enjoyed that along with a cup of coffee. Yesterday as Lynne was leaving work she took a spill in the lobby, while carrying several packages (she had been Xmas shopping at lunch time). She bruised her knees badly, poor gal can barely bend her legs! All of you, be careful out there, it is slippery with all the ice and snow!

No comments: