Thursday, December 6, 2007

Hoping to be healthy for Christmas...

Whoooo baby, Momma is a sick duckie!

I have been blowing my nose so often that I am starting to wonder about ear damage. Sometimes I hear high pitched squealing noises when I try to blow my nose. And I still can't breathe through my nose.

So here I sit, nose slathered in Vicks, panting like a dog. It's a pretty picture, isn't it??

Cam is gone curling tonight, as most Thursday nights have been lately. Chance and I played together and before I knew it, it was time to plunk him in the bath. We were having fun roaming about the house with a flashlight. Very entertaining. I have some video but need to upload it, so check back if you have a high-speed connection & want to watch the video.

I am going to boil some water for some NeoCitron and hopefully get some sleep. I had 2 nights of good sleep on Monday and Tuesday night, but last night was a bit of the usual, with me up 3 or 4 times, to check on Chance, to get a drink, etc.

This weekend is the company Christmas party, I sure hope that I can make it. I phoned the babysitter to confirm that she is still available and let her know that there is a slim possibility that I will have to pull out at the last minute due to being sick. Who knows, maybe Chance will come down with this (I really hope not!). If he is not feeling well I definitely won't go as it is not fair to either the babysitter or Chance to leave when he is not feeling well).

This last week has just flown by. A week ago I boarded a charter plane at 6 in the morning and flew to our gas field for a field trip with a bunch of folks from work. We had a good visit to the field, with several stops during the day. We overnighted at the Jasper Park Lodge, very swanky. The next day we had a workshop and in the early evening flew home and arrived around supper time. What a whirlwind trip that was!

One of the coolest things about the hotel was that the swimming pool is outdoors. That sounded like a life experience that I didn't want to pass up! Bad luck though, I forgot to pack my swim suit, but I was told that they sold disposable (yes, disposable) bathing suits at the pool for $12. The pool was fantastic, all steamy because it was so cold out doors (-20°C), with the mountains and trees surrounding us and clear stars above. The disposable swim suit, however, was not a great experience. I was very careful to keep my towel near the edge of the pool and actually pulled the towel in the water with me so that no one could see that God-awful suit!

Here is a shot of me and my team all decked out in field safety gear during the field trip. We were all dressed for cold weather as it was -27°C that morning!!

1 comment:

Mouland Family said...

I sure hope that you guys are feeling better soon - it has beena long run of not feeling well. We sure are enjoying getting ready for Christmas with Katie this yr - she doesn't understand but is at least able to participate mroe in the activities.