Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Home Sweet Home 3

I forgot my right arm in Moosomin, Saskatchewan. At least that's how I feel, because I left my camera at my sister's house! She will bring it to us on Friday, she is sleeping overnight before her honeymoon in Mexico.

We arrived home from our Saskatchewan trip yesterday at 12:30. We had a family lunch of vegetable soup and toast, then Chance played while we unpacked. By the time 2 PM had rolled around both Chance and I needed a nap. We slept until 4 PM, then I went to get some groceries and Cam and Chance stayed home.

Even though there is no time difference between Alberta and Saskatchewan right now, I felt jet lagged after our trip. Maybe it was just a busy 2 weeks, who knows. I didn't feel "normal" until supper time. We pulled one of our freezer meals out for dinner, easy-peasy.

Chance's diarrhea is better, it lasted about a week. Not sure if it was Regina tap water in his formula that did it, or maybe just a bug, or teething (not really sure of this one, as there are no new teeth). Anyways, we tried switching him to bottled water and gave him the BRATY diet: lots of bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, and probiotics (yogurt with acidophilus bacteria). I read on-line that temporarily switching to soy based formula can reduce the number of days when babies get the runs, so we did that too. It didn't make the diarrhea worse....

Cameron had a run-in with an edge on the dryer door somehow and ripped about 50% of his pinky fingernail off. He says it doesn't hurt but it sure looks painful! We steri-stripped the nail in place (it is still hanging on by a thread), and then covered it with a band aid. We'll be putting on lots of polysporin to help with infection. :( I bought him 100 latex gloves today for showering. Hopefully his nail grows back quickly, we'll have to up his calcium and feed him lots of jello.

Chance and I went to the passport office twice today, trying to get our passports reissued (they expire at the end of October). Chance wore his brand new green Roughriders sweatshirt over his T-shirt. The first time we went to the passport office was at 9 AM, and there was a line wrapped around the building. So we just continued on to the grocery store, I thought maybe there was a back log of people lined up early in the morning. We went again at 12:30. The line was shorter, but still there. I asked the people at the front of the line how long they had been waiting. They said an hour and a half. Jeepers! Maybe we will try going at 8 AM tomorrow...I'll bring Chance's breakfast in a brown bag and feed him while we're in line!

Chance has been sleeping for a while now, supper is on the go (stuffed peppers bubbling away on the stove). Cam's coming home at 5 and I'm going to the YMCA for a spin class, it will be the last one I go to at this location as I will be going to the downtown Y during my lunch breaks while I am working.

No comments: