Friday, October 12, 2007

Filling Out

When I saw Cam changing Chance's diaper the other day, I thought to myself, "he doesn't look so skinny anymore...". After stepping on the doctor's scale to check his weight, now I believe it. Chance has had a huge growth spurt in the last few months!

Along with packing on the pounds, Chance has been busy honing some new skills over the last few weeks:

* Clapping hands on command. Clapping hands spontaneously. Clapping hands when he hears applause on the television or radio.
* Waving bye-bye and hello. He will wave when he hears these words, even if no one is leaving or arriving.
* Giving low-fives. We're working on the high-fives.
* Trying to "wear" grown-up shoes, even if they're backwards.
* Blowing bubbles in the bath water.
* Dunking cookies, potatoes, meat, whatever, into his formula before eating.
* Pulling things behind him. Right now his favorite is the belt from my bath robe. Sometimes he wears it around his shoulders like a boa.
* Playing "I'm gonna get you!".
* "Catching" you by belly flopping on top of you when you are lying on the floor.

No comments: