Saturday, November 4, 2006

C-Section Staples Removed

Chance is changing quickly already! He is eating well 8-12 times per day and doesn't cry very much in the middle of the night anymore...possibly there's a connection (?!?!)) He has started to produce loaded diapers for his daddy to change regularly and has earned the title of "Brewmaster". Very prestigious!

Had my staples removed today and it feels so much better, they were really starting to pull and twinge when I moved too fast or in certain angles. I was a bit scared to have them removed because they looked so gruesome, but it didn't hurt at all and now I have steri-strips across my incision, which are just very strong tape. They gave me some extra so as they fall off I can put on new ones.

Also had Chance weighed today and he gained a little more than 4 oz (1/4 lb) over the last 24 hours. We're very happy! At this rate he will be back at his birth rate within 5 days or so, well within the preferred 2 week time period.Also had his temperature taken and it was quite low, consistantly. The Calgary Health Region (CHR) policy is anything less than 36°C and you must take your baby to the Children's Hospital, so had a bit of a circus this morning and I got a bit frazzled worrying over missed feedings and exposure to sick kids' germs in the hospital. Hormones, hormones! At the hospital they took his temp rectally (poor Chance!) and it was 100% normal!

I spent a lot of the afternoon being plain PO'd that we had to go through this hassle & stress of the hospital trip just because the health clinic had old unreliable thermometers, which they admitted was the likely problem.

No comments: