Thursday, May 4, 2006

Baby's Heartbeat - Dani

Now I am at 134 lbs! My tummy measures 33" around the biggest part, which is just below my belly button. There is a definite "bump" now, it reminds me a bit of a beer gut. Right now it is a private bump, because it's only really visible if wearing a tight-fitting shirt.

Hearing the baby's heartbeat was so exciting. I was worried that we wouldn't be able to find it. After a few seconds of static, the sound came through loud and clear! I was so happy to hear a healthy heartbeat (and ONLY ONE heartbeat!) The doctor let Cam use the Doppler on my belly, trying to see if the heartbeat would change or get louder, etc. It was so much fun watching Cam's grin get wider when the numbers jumped even a little.

The doctor gave us a requisition for an ultrasound - we will be going on May 23rd. There are all kinds of instructions on the back, about how much I will have to drink, etc. I think I will probably take the day off just to make things more simple.

No comments: