Saturday, April 15, 2006

Fart Bubbles??


This week has been quite exhausting! Have been having trouble sleeping at night, mainly due to getting up to use washroom or just general discomfort (sore back, headache). Taking a bath before bedtime really obliterates this problem, so will try switching to bedtime baths instead of morning showers next week.

Some funny things happened this week: I was laying on the couch watching TV a few nights ago and I thought I felt some fluttery movements inside me. It felt like a pulse, but in my gut. I haven't felt it since. Wonder if it was just fart bubbles.

Also have been having trouble with my internal thermostat. My geophysicist colleage is a father of two, and thinks it's hilarious when I turn suddenly pink, and whip off my cardigan and start fanning myself. His wife had similar issues when she was pregnant (both times). Some reading has revealed that if you get hot flashes during pregnancy, you're almost certainly going to get them through menopause too. So I guess this is a preview to that part of my life. Haha!

My belly is starting to "show" now, so that people can point at my gut and say "I HEARD you were expecting, congratulations!" It is funny, I rarely have an eye-to-eye conversation at work, most people stare at my belly.

No comments: