Sunday, April 11, 2010

Too excited to sleep

Here's our house, looking all spruced up and green-y...MLS photo number 1!!


Karin woke up at 5:30 this AM and I nursed her and she went back to sleep but while I was nursing her my brain was on fire thinking of all the things we've got to do in preparation for selling our home...now I am wide awake!

So I hit Google and found some good tips for moving and packing, etc. I am itching to start. We had a stinky supper last night and I guess that was appropriate as that will be out for now. BBQ is OK, cold food is OK...I guess seared ahi tuna and wasabi mashed potatoes aren't OK. But it was pretty tasty last night! After eating all that wasabi last night I wondered how nursing Karin would go this AM....but she didn't complain. We'll see in a few hours whether she's got an upset tummy or not.

So, today this is my plan:

1) Organize the 3 piles of stuff sitting on my sewing desk. It is mostly papers, but also some photos, socks, printer cartidges and a tub of body lotion that is nearly empty.

2) Sort out the guest room. Right now it is full of boxes of baby clothes. I need to decide what I want for Karin, what I will give to 2 friends who are expecting babies (one in May, one in October). The rest goes into a box that says "Once Upon A Child" and I'll take it to the local consignment shop and get rid of it.

3) Have breakfast.

4) Clean the kitchen floor. Last night's supper, while searing the tuna, spat all over the place. Including the floor. Then we walked on it. So there's a bit of a sticky feeling going on. Plus it'll help get rid of the tuna smell. :) Get Cam and Chance to vacuum the basement.

4) Nurse Karin once more and then go to the YMCA. Kids to the babysitting room and Cam and I to spin class. Pick up the kids and take them to the pool. Karin and I will probably only stop in for a few minutes as she will have to nurse again.

5) Lunch when we get home. I should probably thaw some soup this AM. It's a good thing I'm making this list!!

6) Clean the kitchen shelves. Even if we don't end up selling the house and have to stay here for another year or two or whatever, it needs doing. I think the last time I did it might have been a year ago, so it's not bad, but the pots leave a black residue on the shelves (they are white). It wipes off easily.

7) Nap time. Probably all of us.

8) Go to the park with the kids. If it's windy we'll take Chance's kite. If it's not, we'll maybe take his t-ball set.

9) Supper: hamburgers. Oh....that reminds me. While I'm thawing the soup, I should thaw some hamburger. It's a good thing I'm making this list!

1 comment:

Mouland Family said...

Hahaha!! I wish I had your energy Dani! I hope the house sells quickly for you guys. Fingers crossed and let me know if you need help, i'm a seasoned pro now - LOL!