Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Some long-due photos




Chance has really changed into a little boy this year. I realized how big a change when we took him in for family photos last weekend and I compared last year's picture to this year's. Right now all we have is a black and white printed version from the studio but the real pictures will be ready by the end of the month. I am excited to get them as we took a family picture and we have never done that (last year I had to sit with Chance for a few photos because the camera terrified him), and it was nice to have a picture of him and I together. So this year we decided everyone would get in the picture. And I guess that means everyone, because even our baby is in this photo (even though they are still inside of me, for now). We haven't actually announced it on the blog and it seems silly to do it now because everyone knows already, but we are expecting again, the baby is due in late December or early January. Before we started having troubles with this blog I didn't really want to come out with the news yet and then it has been impossible to log on until now. So far I have not gained as much weight as with Chance, and yet I still feel huge. Lynne is expecting too, 7 weeks behind me. Picture is from mid-September when I headed out there, me at 25 weeks, she at 18.

We hired a birth doula last night and hope that this makes labour a little less crazy this time around. We will be meeting an obstetrician on Oct. 15th to discuss our options for birth, at this point in time we would like to try for a VBAC and our doula thinks that there shouldn't be a problem with at least trying. I don't think that a c-section is the worst way in the world to have a baby or anything but I get nervous just thinking about having to undergo surgery when it is possible to at least try to get the baby out the good old fashioned way. Because Chance was born more than 3 years ago there likely won't be a problem.

Chance's birthday party is coming up quickly and I still need to send out some invites. We will be carving pumpkins and maybe even trying to play a few games as the kids will be older this year and have lunch with birthday cake. Chance has requested a chocolate cake with blue icing and ghosts.

2 comments:

Sander & Liesbeth said...

Congratulations on you expecting a baby soon!

How is Cameron doing these days. Has he landed himself a new job?

Hope to see you soon again!

Sander

Grampa and Gramma Jo said...

Good to see your blog up and running again.