Saturday, January 3, 2009

No time to write!!











I can't believe how incredibly packed this December was. Time flies when you're having fun! Right???








Work has really picked up the pace with new corporate restructuring leaving me the only geologist left in my group. I now work with a third of the people that I used to, very sad as I really enjoyed my new team. Work will be quite busy for next few months but then will tail off as projects reach completion.








Chance is changing by the minute and we can't believe half the stuff that comes out of his mouth. He is now sleeping in his big boy bed, due to a Christmas gift of Lightning McQueen sheets and a blanket. It has been fantastic as he is free to wake up on his own in the mornings and usually plays quietly in his bedroom until 8 or 8:30 AM. What a luxury to wake up to (albeit weak) sunlight and a toddler tapping on the door rather than a frustrated kid who has tossed his soother and blanket from the crib out of frustration only to be desperate to get them back. Given Chance's new unsupervised time in his bedroom, we had to babyproof a little bit more to ensure that he won't get hurt while he's roaming around in the early hours. This AM when I opened the door he was pushing a laundry basket around in his room and he told me it was "his boat". He had a teddy bear, his soother and blanket, one Lightning McQueen slipper and a set of Fisher Price pliers aboard.








We purchased a recumbent stationary bike at a fitness store just before Xmas holidays. Put it together (sales person said it would take 45 mins and it took probably closer to an hour and 15 mins, not bad) and have been in love with it since. Chance is happy to play on his own while I cycle, he either plays with his trains, blocks, or watches a movie. Cam likes to ride it too and I think it will be a good investment in our health. I have a goal to lose 15 to 20 lbs but don't know how realistic that is, will probably talk it over with someone at my downtown YMCA, they have nutrition and weight loss counselling services. If I was 15 lbs lighter that would be the same as my pre-preganancy weight. If I was 20 lbs lighter that would be the lightest weight I've ever been. I am not sure if I am just setting myself up for frustration with this goal. I am changing shape but not losing weight despite eating less and hitting the gym and it is frustrating as I would like to see at least some change in weight (down please, not up!).








We all had colds for the holidays and it has only been the last day or two that Cam and I have been able to smell our Christmas tree. Chance helped me take it down yesterday, stashing all the ornaments in boxes for me and then helping pack the little boxes into a big plastic tote box. Cameron donned gloves and pitched the tree outside in the snowbank, there are tree drop off points throughout the city and so that is our task tomorrow. Not too many needles dropped, until Cam nearly fell down the stairs, the jolt shook a good number of them off the tree but was able to sweep them up (lino on landing).








Well am feeling sleepy now, so will try to go back to bed. Cam purchased an XBox game system for himself this Xmas, and a game featuring zombies. It is starting to get to me as I have been having zombie nightmares last 2 or 3 nights!

1 comment:

Grampa and Gramma Jo said...

As you get older, you may notice that time slips through your fingers like water. I wish now I had taken the time to write more. Blogs are wonderful resources.