Thursday, January 8, 2009

First week of 2009 almost done...

This is what this week has been like.....

5:30 AM wake up, stumble out of bed and downstairs to ride exercise bike for 30 mins.
6:10 AM shower.
6:20 AM open Chance's door, hallway light on. Cam in shower.
6:30 AM turn on Chance's light and start pulling out clothes, packing diapers for the day. Cam done in shower and in the kitchen making breakfast.
6:35 AM flip snoozing Chance onto his back and dress him.
6:40 AM convince Chance to give up his blanket and soother so he can go have breakfast.
6:50 AM done breakfast.
6:55 AM chase Chance around the house trying to get his toque, mitts, coat and boots on. Snag nylons. %$#
7:00 AM everyone in car and driving to dayhome.
7:04 AM on the way to work.
7:40 AM get dropped off & walk 2 blocks to work.
7:45 AM COFFEE. Important!!
8:00 AM first well call.
8:15 AM second well call.
8:20 AM drilling meeting. More coffee.
8:45 - 11:25 AM work....all kinds!
11:30 AM chiropractor appointment. My neck injury from March came back in mid-December randomly.
12:00 PM Back to office, eat, nap on floor if tired
12:30 PM Back to work! Work, work, work!
4:30 PM home time, meet Cam in car 15 mins. later.
5:15 PM pick up Chance. Unless there is poor weather, then we don't pick him up until 5:45.
6:00 PM supper
7:00 PM bath time
7:20 PM watch TV and snuggle on the couch.
7:45 PM read a story & tuck Chance in for bed
8:00 PM relax!!!
9:30 PM bedtime & start it all over again!


Have seen the chiropractor 3x this week. I got an x-ray taken in December after my neck started hurting again and could not believe the image the doctor showed me -- to put it in her words, my neck was "smashed and re-stacked". Everytime I think of that fall I took I just shudder and thank my lucky stars that it wasn't worse.

I got a headset at work to use while on the phone -- I would guess I spend between 2 an 4 hours a day on that phone, usually with it tucked into the crook of my neck. This is not helping the neck situation! So my lovely admin assistant bought me a headset to use and I love it.

Cam is curling tonight and Chance is in bed, he was really tired tonight and quite grumpy AND accident prone. I think he gets that from me. He was playing with a toy and then for some reason lifted it above his face, looked up and then dropped the toy, cut his lip a little. Then later he was wobbly-walking around and bumped into the couch, it just sent him into hysterics, my guess is that he maybe bit his lip again. Fed him supper, leftover night so he just picked at things a bit although ate all his carrots and dip and 2 glasses of milk. He had a 30 second bath as he was screaming mad about being in the tub and then laid on the couch and watched Cars. I think that is 40,067th time. Read a new book "The Paper Bag Princess" and "Pirates" then lights out. He got up out of bed and banged on the door, had to turn him around and re-tuck him in, then he cried for 2 minutes and all has been quiet since.

No comments: