Thursday, November 13, 2008

The "Gross" Factor

Boys teach you how to handle "gross" things, how to take them in stride.

Last week Chance and I fed the cat her supper. Scarlet is generally happy to sit and munch t-bits from her dish and get lots of pets. Actually it's probably her most favorite thing in the world, one of the rare times she purrs. Chance was squatting next to her while she crunched her food, stroking her back. I got up and started loading the dryer, and while I was cleaning the lint trap realized that I could hear Chance breathing heavily. I figured he was just plugged up again, so grabbed a kleenex to wipe his nose, turned, and....found him with his tongue jammed into the filter hole of Scarlet's litter box. I dropped the kleenex, scooped him up and made him drink directly from the bathroom tap to get his mouth rinsed out. Gah!

On the weekend he gave me an olive. It was partially chewed. And room temperature. It clicked: I spilled a container of olives a few days ago. I thought I cleaned them all up, but must have missed one. GAAAH!!!

No comments: