Monday, August 18, 2008

Broken Computer

Came home from vacation to find that computer had died while we were away. Maybe a lightning storm caused a power surge, who knows. It was fine when we left. Currently it's in the shop getting fixed, or at least they're gonna try to fix it. Maybe it's toast and we'll lose all of our data, pics, etc. Wait and see.

Til then we have the laptop, however we have decided that this is a good time to repaint the office, as we were looking at doing it anyways and now the office is half emptied out. Also looking at a new desk, have found one at Ikea that we like but I'm choking a bit on the price tag. It is a fairly neutral looking desk, all clean in front with doors that hide our junk and keep Chance from pushing buttons, crashing the keyboard, etc. Also comes with a "wire management system" which I'm sure will help keep things under control, even though we are much improved from what we were last year.

Anyways, I'd upload my photos from our vacation but Cam is out in the back yard right now building a fire for us and there is a glass of red wine with my name on it. I am feeling particularly less stressed tonight as today I quit my job. I will be starting a new job in September with another company.

Chance's hives are almost all gone and he is feeling much better.

Well this is not the most coherent post in the world, but I'm sprawled on my tummy lying on the carpet in front of a laptop in 30 degree heat and I can hear the fire crackling now through the open window. As the Michael Schumacher ferarri says in Cars, ciao!

No comments: