Sunday, August 26, 2007

Early bird gets the....French toast?

Ugh. 5:30 AM wake up call this morning. Chance was wiiiiiiide awake. I tried to nurse him in the big bed to settle him down, but after he was finished, he sat up and tried to crawl away. So, on came the lights (it was still #%%##@ dark outside for cryin' out loud!), and started stripping the bed. Laundry day. In went a load of towels and sheets and Chance and I had a bath together. Then we put new sheets on the bed and as I reached down to grab the last pillow case, I sniffed. Sniffed again. Groaned. Went off to change a diaper. All before 6:30 AM.

Breakfast was French toast, and I did up a 1/2 batch of pancakes and froze the works for Chance's breakfasts for the next few weeks. 3 pancakes should last him for about 5 or 6 meals. That boy LOVES pancakes.

We pick up Cam at the airport at 3:00 ish, so hopefully Chance will catch a few winks in the car on the way there or on the way home. I'm surprised he's not having a meltdown right now, actually, given that he was up so early.

No comments: