Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Baby broke the camper!



Well I have a doctor's appointment again this week - now I am supposed to go every 2 weeks. They assured me that this is normal procedure at their clinic. Baby has been kicking every day, strong enough to make me gasp/yelp if it is in the right spot (i.e. the ribs). Cameron and I felt the baby's head the other night - just by pushing on my belly. The baby didn't like that though and squirmed away from our pressing hands. Also we tried the flashlight trick - got a LOT of kicks then!


We went camping on the weekend at a nearby provincial park. We woke up on Sunday morning to a gaping hole in the camper walls - the velcro had ripped open! Just as we were trying to figure out how the velcro had come undone, there was a creak, a groan, and then the bed seemed to tilt! We broke the bed!! I discovered 2 ADDITIONAL support poles UNDER the other bed's mattress on our last trip (May) but didn't put 2 and 2 together until it was too late that those poles were supposed to be used with the big bed for the camper! Cam and I are going to Home Depot this week to get some BIG L-braces and a bottle of wood glue to fix the problem. The funny thing is - the bed might never have broken except for the extra weight I am carrying now! The baby has made his or her first impact in the world & hasn't even been born yet! My waist measures a whopping 36.5"!!

No comments: