Friday, July 2, 2010

Backyard Water Guns












I took Chance to the waterpark one hot day and he had a blast. There were kids everywhere, and it seemed like everyone had a watergun. He wanted to play with one so badly, and so I told him to ask someone if he could have a try. After being shot down by some big kids, Chance spotted a mom with a baby on her hip shooting a toddler with a water gun. He approached her and asked her very nicely to borrow her watergun and that he would give it back. He said please. She said no. He walked back to me, sat down and then fell into hysterics, frustrated and rejected. I felt so bad for him, and so did another mom who had seen the whole thing. She had an extra watergun and let him play with it. She totally made his day. When it came time to leave the water park he gave the gun back, said thank you, and did not tantrum. I was so proud of him, as I had witnessed half a dozen tantrums on the way into the waterpark with kids not wanting to leave. I phoned Cam at the office and asked him to bring home a couple of waterguns if he could find them -- one to play with and one to share with friends. He has become very good at watering my flowers!!

1 comment: